These tutorials are working models that illustrate how to use the data components (XMLConnector, WebServices Connector, RDMBSResolver and XUpdateResolver) with data binding in Flash Professional 8. They are not intended to be production-ready applications.
The use of public web services in these tutorials does not imply that you should use them for real-world applications. In fact, Macromedia does not recommend using public web services directly from within any client-side application. For more information, see "Applications and Web Services" in the "Data Integration" tutorial in Using Flash (in Flash, select Help > Using Flash).
If you have trouble downloading or decompressing the files, see TechNote 13686 at
- Data Integration Using the Macromedia Tips Web Service
- Connect To A Public Web Service
- Create a User Interface and Bind the Components with the Web Service
- Data Integration using XML for a Timesheet
- Create the User Interface
- Data Integration using XUpdate to Update the Timesheet
- Update the Timesheet