Stop typing lists of information in Microsoft Word or Excel! In this tutorial, you will learn how to create databases that can store names, addresses, and any other type of information that you can think of. You will be pleasantly surprised to find that creating a database isn't all that difficult. Microsoft Access even comes with a Database Wizard that takes you step by step through the process of creating a database.
Because there are so many components that constitute a database, this tutorial will cover a lot of ground but thankfully not in great detail. In this tutorial, you will learn to create and modify the major database objects: tables, forms, queries, and reports. You will even learn some basic database management tasks, such as how to delete and rename database objects and how to repair and compress a database.
If all you need is a simple, easy-to-use database, look no farther than this tutorial more than likely, everything you need to know about creating databases is here.
- Planning a Database
- Creating a Database Using the Database Wizard
- Creating a Blank Database
- Creating a Table Using the Table Wizard
- Modifying a Table and Understanding Data Types
- Creating a New Table from Scratch
- Creating a Query in Design View
- Modifying a Query
- Sorting a Query Using Multiple Fields
- Developing AND and OR Operators
- Creating a Form with the Form Wizard
- Creating a Report with the Report Wizard
- Creating Mailing Labels with the Label Wizard
- Database Object Management
- File Management
- Compacting and Repairing a Database
- Converting an Access Database