- With the Selection tool, double-click the wheel_mc instance to enter symbol-editing mode.
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the symbol and select Timeline Effects > Transform/Transition > Transform.
- In the Transform dialog box, enter 60 in the Effect Duration text box to specify that the effect spans 60 frames in the Timeline.
- In the Spin text box, enter 1 and verify that 360 populates the Rotate text box.
- Click Update Preview to view a preview of the effect and click OK.
The effect spans 60 frames in the movie clip Timeline.
- Click Scene 1 above the Timeline to exit symbol-editing mode.
- Select Control > Test Movie to view the animation.
Congratulations on learning about symbols and instances. In a few minutes, you accomplished the following tasks:
Create a graphic symbol.
Duplicate and modify an instance.
Create a movie clip symbol.
Edit a symbol by adding an effect.
To learn more about Flash, take another lesson in the Basic Tasks series.updated